HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq Armada E500 motherboard info (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58337)

Paul Brown November 21st 03 10:16 AM

Compaq Armada E500 motherboard info

I have just acquired an old Compaq Armada E500 notebook through
work for free. The machine itself is in good working order but
it has obviously been dropped as there is damage to one of the
screen hinges and the power connector socket has snapped off.

I'm not spending hundreds on a new system/motherboard just
because the power connector is damaged, I'd rather just solder a
new one on. But before I do this I need to know what the power
socket pins on the motherboard are for, they are labelled 1, 2
and 3. Does anyone know or, even better, can anyone tell me how
to get hold of a schematic diagram for the Compaq Armada E500
system board?

Paul

the yeti November 21st 03 06:55 PM

"Paul Brown" wrote in message ...
I have just acquired an old Compaq Armada E500 notebook through
work for free. The machine itself is in good working order but
it has obviously been dropped as there is damage to one of the
screen hinges and the power connector socket has snapped off.

I'm not spending hundreds on a new system/motherboard just
because the power connector is damaged, I'd rather just solder a
new one on. But before I do this I need to know what the power
socket pins on the motherboard are for, they are labelled 1, 2
and 3. Does anyone know or, even better, can anyone tell me how
to get hold of a schematic diagram for the Compaq Armada E500
system board?

Paul

How old of an Armada E-500? I have a P2-366 that I love to death, but
finding any information or documentation on it has been an absolute
pain in the ass. I recently dropped mine and it broke the corner of
the case, but fortunatly not the actual power connector.

For mine there is no MB documentation available. It does not exist.
It is a propietary Compaq board. Good Luck