HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Chip replacement? Celeron (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58068)

Msgri1 September 13th 03 07:26 PM

Chip replacement? Celeron

I have a Compaq Presario desktop PC with the 2.6 ghz Celeron chip. Can anyone
tell me if I can replace the processor with a Pentium 4 using the same socket?

Thanks

David B. September 14th 03 11:14 PM

You should be able to use any P4 with a 400Mhz bus, the chances that you can use a 533 or 800Mhz bus model are slim. If this is a
laptop you may not be able to upgrade at all.