HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   "You can not SHELL to BASIC" (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59437)

chlange December 10th 04 08:28 PM

"You can not SHELL to BASIC"

Trying to run GWBasic on a Compaq/Windows ME computer. No matter how I
launch GWBasic, I get this message. GWBasic is present, I'm pathing
correctly, and I have tried replacing the .exe in case I had file
corruption. No change.

I recall hearing that if the computer has GWbasic installed in ROM, this
error can occur. Anybody know a workaround?

TIA

Tom Scales December 11th 04 01:22 AM

I believe it is saying it cannot run in a DOS windows. Are you at least
make the DOS window full size (Alt-ENTER) first?

lkaboutcomputing.com...

supernandu February 15th 05 04:14 PM

Compaq has a known compatibility issue with GWBASIC. So, if your pc is a
Compaq, you have to install a fix. You can find it and the proper
install instructions in:

http://www.compaq.com/support/files/...nload/200.html

Otherwise nothing occurs to me as a possible solution for this problem.

--
supernandu