HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   clicking sounds (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=28051)

Developwebsites November 2nd 04 03:15 PM

clicking sounds

I had copied a cd to my hd using nero in wav format.
when I listened to the songs I heard clicking, popping,
crackling noises which ruined the copy.
the same could be heard on the cdr thru the speakers even
if i copied cd to cd.
what causes it?

Troy November 2nd 04 06:49 PM

Most likely its your CD rom.Your CD rom is probably not very good a
ripping,is it an older one?,slowing the rip speed down can help also (if you
can do this)

If you have another reader or writer in the computer try ripping from it.If
not I highly recomend a plextor as they are the best for audio extraction.

Good luck

Graham Mayor November 2nd 04 06:54 PM

If the clicks were also on the hard drive version, this is typical of poor
extraction. You need more capable ripping software and/or a cleaner source
disc. I can't do much about the latter, but for the former try Exact Audio
Copy, which will alert you if there is a problem.

If the clicks are only on the final copy, this is indicative of poor media
compatibility and/or poor choice of write speed.

--

Graham Mayor