HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Armada M700 laptop problems (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=134878)

***** charles August 31st 06 02:58 AM

Armada M700 laptop problems

Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?

2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
since that choice does not show up in the
boot list inside the cmos?

thanks,
charles.....

***** charles August 31st 06 03:41 AM

Armada M700 laptop problems

Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?

2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
since that choice does not show up in the
boot list inside the cmos?

thanks,
charles.....

I figured out number 1.

Number 2 is a lot tuffer. The only choices in the
cmos a detatchable bay, hard drive and net
boot. If I could get it to boot to the dvd drive
I could reinstall the OS. Any suggestions?

thanks,
charles......

John F. Eldredge August 31st 06 04:32 AM

Armada M700 laptop problems

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:41:57 GMT, "***** charles"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?

2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
since that choice does not show up in the
boot list inside the cmos?

thanks,
charles.....

I figured out number 1.

Number 2 is a lot tuffer. The only choices in the
cmos a detatchable bay, hard drive and net
boot. If I could get it to boot to the dvd drive
I could reinstall the OS. Any suggestions?

What happens if you tell it to boot from the detachable bay? If you
are dealing with an internal DVD drive, it is probably in the
detachable bay. If you are dealing with an external USB drive, you
probably won't be able to boot from it.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

NoNoBadDog! August 31st 06 10:40 AM

Armada M700 laptop problems

"***** charles" wrote in message
m...
Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?

2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
since that choice does not show up in the
boot list inside the cmos?

thanks,
charles.....

I figured out number 1.

Number 2 is a lot tuffer. The only choices in the
cmos a detatchable bay, hard drive and net
boot. If I could get it to boot to the dvd drive
I could reinstall the OS. Any suggestions?

thanks,
charles......

Detachable Bay = bay the DVD Drive is in.....

Bobby

***** charles August 31st 06 04:49 PM

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote in message
news:Et2dnexdFM0BM2vZnZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...

"***** charles" wrote in message
m...
Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?

2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
since that choice does not show up in the
boot list inside the cmos?

thanks,
charles.....

I figured out number 1.

Number 2 is a lot tuffer. The only choices in the
cmos a detatchable bay, hard drive and net
boot. If I could get it to boot to the dvd drive
I could reinstall the OS. Any suggestions?

thanks,
charles......

Detachable Bay = bay the DVD Drive is in.....

Bobby

Thanks for the responses guys. I chose the
it gave me a message saying hit any key to
boot from the cd. After that it booted to the
Windows 2000 Pro OEM cd just fine.

Nice little laptop but it runs a little hot.

later.....