HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Quick Restore Disks (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57829)

doS July 19th 03 11:00 PM

Quick Restore Disks

Insert disc 1 and reboot...

"Ringo" wrote in message
news:GIdSa.97839$N7.12137@sccrnsc03...
I have Compaq Presario Series 5000, Model 5006H made especially for the

Shopping Network. I bought it in January, 2001. I have two quick restore
disks for it that I haven't used in a long time. I forgot how to start

the
boot from the restore disks as it does not do it automatically. It seems

as
I recall you have to push one or more keyboard buttons to get the process

start. Anyone have any advice?

Many thanks!

David B. July 20th 03 08:52 PM

If you have disk 1 in the drive and it doesn't boot from it, go into BIOS and set the boot order so the CD drive is before the hard
drive, use F10 to enter BIOS setup.

"Ringo" wrote in message news:GIdSa.97839$N7.12137@sccrnsc03...
I have Compaq Presario Series 5000, Model 5006H made especially for the Home
Shopping Network. I bought it in January, 2001. I have two quick restore
disks for it that I haven't used in a long time. I forgot how to start the
boot from the restore disks as it does not do it automatically. It seems as
I recall you have to push one or more keyboard buttons to get the process to