HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   PC Occasionally Doesn't Boot (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1230)

Buck Turgidson September 13th 03 04:12 PM

PC Occasionally Doesn't Boot

I have a brand x clone running Windows 2000. Occasionally, it has trouble
booting. It sometimes does the BIOS check, then hangs, sometimes it hangs
during the boot process itself.

I have done virus scans, and run defrag. I remember MSFT used to deliver a
utility called scandisk. Maybe they don't naymore.

Anyway, can someone suggest other things I can try to remedy the problem, short
of buying a new PC?

Smoker September 14th 03 01:11 AM

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I have a brand x clone running Windows 2000. Occasionally, it has trouble
booting. It sometimes does the BIOS check, then hangs, sometimes it hangs
during the boot process itself.

I have done virus scans, and run defrag. I remember MSFT used to deliver

utility called scandisk. Maybe they don't naymore.

Anyway, can someone suggest other things I can try to remedy the problem,

short
of buying a new PC?

Learn about what a quality power supply is and try a better one. More watts
doesn't always mean better.