HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   " Dell seeing lots of returned solid state drive laptops " - Blogging Stocks (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=166424)

S.Lewis[_3_] March 18th 08 07:36 PM

" Dell seeing lots of returned solid state drive laptops " - Blogging Stocks

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/0...ed-laptop-pcs/

Journey March 19th 08 11:28 AM

" Dell seeing lots of returned solid state drive laptops " - Blogging Stocks

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:36:49 -0500, "S.Lewis"
wrote:

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/0...ed-laptop-pcs/

Here's Dell's response:

Dell rebuffs claims of high SSD fail rates
http://www.electronista.com/articles...ssd.fail.rate/

[email protected] March 19th 08 02:07 PM

" Dell seeing lots of returned solid state drive laptops " -Blogging Stocks

Hi!

Interestingly vague. I wonder what the "failure" is?
Solid state memory is usually very reliable, if somewhat
slow storage.

William