HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Mike Richter & smh (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=25270)

smh January 26th 04 05:56 AM

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

Peter R wrote:

What`s the reason for the apparent emnity between these two.Mike always
appears very helpful when a subject is raised.

Mike Richter & CD Extra (Half-Baked Research)

======================
From: "ned ludd"
Subject: Mike Richter & Enhanced CD
Date: 12/28/01

"Mike Richter" (Friggin' Scum) wrote...

CD Extra is a defined format for a single session
with audio tracks followed by a data track

Care to share the source of this definition? All definitions I have so
far seen define CD Extra as two session, session 1 Red Book audio,
session 2 Yellow Book CD-ROM XA.
======================

The above Mikey's statement is the fruit of his so-called "research":

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' ****)
Subject: Mixed Modes - and similar
Date: 5/30/01

After doing the research, I have prepared a page on the combination
modes and posted it in the primer at my site. Though one expert has
reviewed it, I look forward to comments from anyone with experience.
=====================

So much for the Mikey's so-called "research" and
so much for the so-called "expert" who reviewed it.

[Any chance to reveal the identity of this so-called "expert?"]

Andy Yee January 26th 04 10:04 AM

I have him plonked in my kook list :)

Ron G wrote in :

Aha, a newcomer to this group. SMH lives in a cave, mainly curled up in
a fetal position, and needs the blood of Mike Richter's neck to stay
alive. Unfortunately, questions like yours (and surely my response) also
give him a few calories. Mike sometimes goes a little over the top in
responding to questions, particularly, from non-tech folks, but by and
large he is extremely helpful.

Andy Yee E-Mail: ayee AT mn dot rr dot com
President Home Page: http://home.mn.rr.com/andyyee
New Directions Engineering, Inc.

Godwin's Law: As a USENET thread grows, the probability of a reference
to Hitler or Nazis approaches 1.00.
Corollary: When such a reference is made, it is generally
recognized that the poster has LOST the argument.

smh January 27th 04 01:32 AM

Peter R wrote:

What`s the reason for the apparent emnity between these two.Mike always
appears very helpful when a subject is raised.

Mike Richter & CD Extra - SAO/TAO ? (Half-Baked Research)

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc with
no track titles
Date: 9/15/01

If you want to do a true CD Extra, you have to comply with
the rules for CD Extra - which means TAO and no titles.

ECDC and anything else which complies with the standard will
comply with the standard.

I know that's hard to accept, but try - real hard.
=====================

Perhaps, it's Mike Richter who should try - real hard?

http://www.roxio.com/en/common/gloss2.html (link invalid)
http://www.osta.org/technology/cdr.htm#s (same as above)

Session-at-Once is...used for CD Extra.

The above Mikey's statement is the fruit of ITS so-called "research":
=====================

Richard Loeb January 27th 04 01:55 AM

Blah Blah Balh..... Blah blah Blah.......... Blah Balh Blah..... you stupid
**** Richard
"smh" wrote in message
ws.com...
. --------------------------------------

smh January 27th 04 05:00 AM

Peter R wrote:

What`s the reason for the apparent emnity between these two.Mike always
appears very helpful when a subject is raised.

Mike Richter & Enhanced CD (Half-Baked Research)

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy cRoxio Shill)
Subject: EZCD 5.02b Enhanced CD mode
Date: 8/28/01

There is no Enhanced CD Mode
- so, no, people have not used it.
======================

Wonder what's this "Enhanced CD" doing here then?

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxi...n_history.html

... When creating an Enhanced CD ...
... while burning an Enhanced CD ...

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 5/30/01

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------

Tim Kroesen January 27th 04 05:08 AM

Please don't quote the a-hole; most have him killfiled and only read the
crap whence floated...

Tim K

"Richard Loeb" wrote in message
Blah Blah Balh..... Blah blah Blah.......... Blah Balh Blah..... you

stupid
**** Richard
"smh" wrote in message

Usual Crap Snipped-

smh January 27th 04 05:40 AM

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

Feeling no pain, Timmy?

=======================
From: Mike DHaire
Date: 3/29/03

Timmy Kroesen (Pipsqueak) wrote:

How 'bout I nab your penis and smash it with a hammer, mother****er!
LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!
=======================

BTW, why are you pipsqeaks unable to prove ANY of the following
is a libel -- when Mikey has examples of misquotes ???!!!

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

smh January 27th 04 05:43 AM

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen (Pipsqueak) wrote:

Come on, Timmy. Instead of squealing like a stuck pig, why don't you
prove ANY one of the following is a libel? After all, Mikey is
pitifully, desperately counting on you.

(Don't understand why you pipsqeaks are unable to prove at least one of

From: smh
Subject: how to create CD-Enhanced ?
Date: 1/26/04

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote (1/25/04):

I have a combined audio/video CD that got badly scratched and the audio
plays partially very jerky now.

Now I want to re-create the CD in its original way, but I haven't found a
way to do that with Nero.
I tried to create a Mixed-Mode CD, but Nero always puts the VCD-part as the
first track, which some CD-Players don't like.

Details are in the usual references: the CD-R FAQ and the primer at my
WWW site. Check under multisession for both CD Extra and 'Enhanced CD'.

Enhanced CD, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 8/28/01

There is no Enhanced CD Mode
- so, no, people have not used it.
======================

Briefly, what you want can be done as a single writing as a CD Extra
(check your programs documentation for how to make one). It will write
both sessions

Is CD Extra multisession, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' ****)
Date: 6/29/01

CD Extra, in which there is a single session
with tracks of both types

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 9/16/01

There is a specification for CD Extra which defines it
as a single session containing audio tracks followed
by a data *track*.

======================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc
with no track titles
Date: 10/6/01

CD Extra uses a single session with audio track(s)
followed by a data track.

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' ****)
Date: 12/26/01

CD Extra is a defined format for a single session
with audio tracks followed by a data track
======================

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' Scum!
-------------------------------

smh January 29th 04 07:00 AM

Peter R wrote:

What`s the reason for the apparent emnity between these two.Mike always
appears very helpful when a subject is raised.

Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Makes a Common Mistake!

From: smh
Date: 1/28/04

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) spewed (1/25/04):

I tried to create a Mixed-Mode CD, but Nero always puts the VCD-part
as the first track, which some CD-Players don't like.

Details are in the usual references: the CD-R FAQ and the primer at my
WWW site. Check under multisession for both CD Extra and 'Enhanced CD'.

Briefly, what you want can be done as a single writing as a CD Extra

It will write both sessions

Otherwise, write the audio session first, leaving the disc open. Then
write the data session *without* importing the first session and close
the disc.

Is CD Extra multisession now, Mikey?

From: smh
Subject: CD-Extra Help
Date: 5/30/03

Mikey sure knows a lot about Enhanced CD and CD Extra.
Why Mikey even points out a mistake in the CD-R Faq:

----------------------
From: Mike Richter
with no track titles

It happens that the FAQ makes a common mistake in that section,
confusing "Enhanced CD" with its predecessor, "CD Extra"
----------------------

CD-R FAQ's supposed *MISTAKE* is taking CD Extra and Enhanced CD
synonymously when they are different in Mikey's cockamamie
definitions:

"CD Extra uses a single session"
"If there are two sessions, it is an 'Enhanced CD'"

cRoxio's glossary makes the same common mistake:

CD Extra
A multisession disc...

Enhanced CD
See CD Extra.

But instead of saying cRoxio also makes a common mistake,
Mikey said this:

Roxio's information is correct for CD Extra, but may not cover
the unspecified but more practical "Enhanced CD"

(Previously Mikey said there is no Enhanced CD!)

Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!