HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Roxio UDF Reader latest version does not install? (Roxio claims it is standalone, though) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=168020)

Andreas Eibach April 27th 08 09:58 AM

Roxio UDF Reader latest version does not install? (Roxio claims it is standalone, though)

Well, I do not understand this, and I'm about to e-mail Roxio about this
nonsense.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf...e_updates.html

"This is a free download for the convenience of users who do not own Roxio
software however no support is provided for this tool"

Sounds OK.

But once I try to install the .exe provided on that site, I get:

"The Roxio UDFReader has not been detected"

WTF???!

They say this is for users _who do not own_ Roxio software, so why is there
a requirement to detect the reader anyway?

-Andreas

Mark Blain April 27th 08 08:03 PM

Roxio UDF Reader latest version does not install? (Roxio claims it is standalone, though)

"Andreas Eibach" wrote in
:

Well, I do not understand this, and I'm about to e-mail Roxio about
this nonsense.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf...e_updates.html

"This is a free download for the convenience of users who do not own
Roxio software however no support is provided for this tool"

Sounds OK.

But once I try to install the .exe provided on that site, I get:

"The Roxio UDFReader has not been detected"

WTF???!

They say this is for users _who do not own_ Roxio software, so why is
there a requirement to detect the reader anyway?

-Andreas

Someone with the same problem at
http://www.versiontracker.com/php/fe...52960#comments
posted a link to Roxio's Japanese website (translated), which says
there are TWO files you have to download and install to make
this work. I verified that the download links are live, but
didn't install them:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

smh April 27th 08 08:48 PM

Mike Richter is a LIAR (winxp/udf)(violent)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/gqnae

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above )
(is a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels!)
'

Andreas Eibach wrote:

Well, I do not understand this, and I'm about to e-mail Roxio about this
nonsense.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf...e_updates.html

"This is a free download for the convenience of users who do not own Roxio
software however no support is provided for this tool"

Sounds OK.

But once I try to install the .exe provided on that site, I get:

"The Roxio UDFReader has not been detected"

WTF???!

They say this is for users _who do not own_ Roxio software, so why is there
a requirement to detect the reader anyway?

See this (5/14/05) post:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....4aec559d3cb116

Here's an older version:
http://www.download.com/Adaptec-UDF-...4-9497911.html

BTW, you should NOT be needing the udf reader if you are on Winxp.
(Vista supports udf read and write.)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (winxp/udf)(violent)

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (cRoxio)
Date: 10/29/01

The UDF support built into XP is violently incompatible
with DCD prior to 5.1
=======================

Why "violently" incompatible?

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 9/7/01

How do I read DirectCD3 CD-RW disks in Windows XP?
Windows XP claims they are empty

XP's UDF reader is new, different and
incompatible with the standard.
======================

Andreas Eibach April 27th 08 09:44 PM

"Mark Blain" wrote:
Someone with the same problem at

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/fe...52960#comments
posted a link to Roxio's Japanese website (translated), which says
there are TWO files you have to download and install to make
this work. I verified that the download links are live, but
didn't install them:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Mark,

thank you so much! Yes this should do the trick then. So you have to install
the 5.x version before installing the 7.x update. Now this is nasty. They
could tell the customers, couldn't they.

-Andreas

smh April 28th 08 04:56 AM

From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 9/7/01

XP's UDF reader is new, different and
incompatible with the standard.
======================

Then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 1/5/04
Subject: Packet writing and XP Home

There is a UDF standard. At least until recently
only Roxio was fully compliant with it.

I believe that XP's read capability is also fully compliant.

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

(Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)