HardwareBanter

-   General Hardware (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Problems with Asus P4C800 Deluxe and Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz Prescott (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=71118)

Lord Heru'ur August 3rd 04 10:25 AM

Problems with Asus P4C800 Deluxe and Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz Prescott

I've just purchased the following components:
- Asus P4C800 Deluxe Motherboard
- Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz Prescott Processor
- 512 MB DDR400 ECC Ram (as one 512 MB stick), made completely by
Infineon (no on 3rd)
- 200 GB Seagate Barracuda S-ATA Harddisc
- Sapphire Radeon x800 Pro 256 MB Graphics-Card

----this is all brand new! No used stuff-----

Extra Info: By now I'm still using a GeForce Ti4600 Platinum Edition
because the Radeon Card hasn't been delivered yet.
My Power connection is 300W strong.

This is my problem:
I've build in all components I've purchased - except the new
graphics-card. When I start my PC I just get a black screen and
nothing happens (my old GeForce-Card works for sure!!!). The PC
speaker does no beeps at all! (it's connected correctly to the
motherboard!)
I get just a vocal message by "ASUS POST Reporter": "System failed due
to CPU over-clocking". I dunno why because I didn't over-clock
anything! The CPU is build in correctly and still in the original
status.
The manual says that the mainboard supports the Prescott-Series and
that it supports CPUs up to 3.2 GHz and my Processor is at 3.2 GHz!
I dunno what to do!
I've almost tried everything. I did clear the BIOS several times and
it didn't work, I've checked if the CPU is build in correctly and if
it's still OK (it's ok), I've de-installed everything from the
mainboard except the graphics-card and the RAM (and the CPU of
course ;) )
(I also tried it with all components (such like DVD-Burner, HDD.....)
connected to the mainboard, but this didn't work either)

Please help me, I really don't know what to do!!!

greetings
Lord Heru'ur

Lord Heru'ur August 4th 04 09:37 AM

I've found a sollution of the problem!
I just put my old CPU which is also a 478 socket on the mainboard and
the system started well. Then I got myself a BIOS-update from the
internet and overwrote the old one on the mainboard. After that I
replaced the old CPU with my new 3.2 GHz and everything works fine!

It was just the BIOS which was too old.