HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Seldom FSB behaviour, going with P3B-F (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=145375)

Daniel Mandic February 8th 07 12:12 AM

Seldom FSB behaviour, going with P3B-F

Hi NG

The problem is, the Chipset does not set the FSB correctly.

I get for example, 130MHz FSB but it shows the CPU with 100x6.5 which
makes 650MHz. The AGP runs at 86MHz (2/3 set). Normally it should be
100RAM, 100FSB and 66MHz AGP, or 100MHz AGP (when 1/1 set)

Everything is jumpered, I have tried Jumperless as well, the same...
Flashed the beta BIOS, tried an other GfX Card, nothing. Replaced,
changed RAM etc.

Now we go with '83MHz setting' and the Motherboard makes 108MHz RAM
speed (????, I didn't know the BX can compensate an assyncron RAM-CPU
Northbridge setting), AGP have also been set to 108MHz (1/1 set). So
it's shown in Sisoftware Sandra.
But the CPU works at 541MHz, 83x6.5, as set. (shown on POST screen and
in Utils Windows)

Why? At all other settings, 100, 105, 110 etc etc, the system make lags
in a periodical manner, harsh and for a few moments and then again a
period of time smooth, sound is starting to crackle. The now 108 FSB
and 108 RAM is nearly O.K.(83 set), but the assynchronity to the CPU is
still present (108 to 83MHZ). It works better so, more round and no
audio crackle, at least :-(

Is the Motherboard broken? It does not crash!!! ?

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic