HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   laptop Acer Travelmate 8006 overheated and power off (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=175705)

Alessandro February 14th 09 01:15 AM

laptop Acer Travelmate 8006 overheated and power off

Typical issue of many Acer laptop (this is the second, before I had an
Aspite, same problem) ... it often overheats most of all during big
installations and often there is a switch off.

What do you think I should do ? Do I have to open it and clean the fan ?Do
I try some support to put under laptop in order that it's higher and air can
pass through ?

Actually I tried turning down laptop with screen on the table and downside
part completely lifted ... in this case there isn't any switch off ! Anyway
a little bit uncomfortable to use in this way !

Thanks a lot,
Ale