HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HS PSC 1600v all in one printer (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=156156)

cindymaria August 23rd 07 01:49 AM

HS PSC 1600v all in one printer

Hi,

I have a non-working printer that has a short in the connector tape
behind the control panel display.

Any suggestions for fixing this on my own?

Cindy Maria

Rev.GGWillikers August 23rd 07 02:13 AM

cindymaria wrote:
Hi,

I have a non-working printer that has a short in the connector tape
behind the control panel display.

Any suggestions for fixing this on my own?

Cindy Maria

Umm, new connector tape :)

cindymaria August 23rd 07 11:30 AM

HS PSC 1600v all in one printer

Certainly, new connector is an obvious answer!!

I should have been more specific, as I the places that I shop as a non-
tech person such as grocery and department stores don't sell the
connector tape. Also should have mentioned, I was wanting if know if
it could be fixed without replacing the whole control panel.

Anyway, we have gotten the printer fixed rather quickly, and I do
thank you for you reply.

Cindy Maria

Gary Tait August 23rd 07 03:41 PM

HS PSC 1600v all in one printer

cindymaria wrote in news:1187865027.354014.31380
@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Certainly, new connector is an obvious answer!!

I should have been more specific, as I the places that I shop as a non-
tech person such as grocery and department stores don't sell the
connector tape. Also should have mentioned, I was wanting if know if
it could be fixed without replacing the whole control panel.

Anyway, we have gotten the printer fixed rather quickly, and I do
thank you for you reply.

Cindy Maria

Yes, with the right tech that knows how to play by ear and actually repair
things, rather than replace assemblies. I am one of those techs.

I did that with one of my old printers. I replaced its original mebrane
based control panel with a real PCB, real buttons, and real wires to the
mainboard.

TJ August 24th 07 01:08 AM

Gary Tait wrote:
cindymaria wrote in news:1187865027.354014.31380
@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Certainly, new connector is an obvious answer!!

I should have been more specific, as I the places that I shop as a non-
tech person such as grocery and department stores don't sell the
connector tape. Also should have mentioned, I was wanting if know if
it could be fixed without replacing the whole control panel.

Anyway, we have gotten the printer fixed rather quickly, and I do
thank you for you reply.

Cindy Maria

Yes, with the right tech that knows how to play by ear and actually repair
things, rather than replace assemblies. I am one of those techs.

I did that with one of my old printers. I replaced its original mebrane
based control panel with a real PCB, real buttons, and real wires to the
mainboard.

Weren't you afraid of voiding your warranty? If using non-OEM ink will
void it, THAT certainly will. I know our resident troll has expressed
his fear of voiding the warranty on his old Canon many times. grin

No, I'm not serious. I've been known to customize a bit here and there
myself.

TJ

TJ