HardwareBanter

-   -   where to find serial number (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=56325)

Charlie Brookhart January 15th 05 05:17 AM

where to find serial number

I am trying to register my PNY Verto GeForce 6600GT card. It seems that in
order to register it, I have to provide a serial number. I am guessing that
this would be on the card itself????

There was a UPC label on the card, but I had no idea that I would have to
provide a serial number in order to register the card so that in turn I
could get support.

Charlie Brookhart January 17th 05 12:23 AM

"Mal" wrote in message

"Charlie Brookhart" wrote in message
I am trying to register my PNY Verto GeForce 6600GT card. It seems that

in
order to register it, I have to provide a serial number. I am guessing
that
this would be on the card itself????

There was a UPC label on the card, but I had no idea that I would have

provide a serial number in order to register the card so that in turn I
could get support.

might also have been on the box that it came in ... of course if you've
thrown it out already that's not much help :)
it will be on the card however, most likely on a sticker, and they're
usually in a place that means you have to remove the card to see it

I had to open the case so I decided to take the card out while the case was
open. There were at least 5 different numbers that could be a serial number.
I guess I will have to try all of them until I find one that works.