HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   chassis power switch problem or fuse in power supply? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=15020)

Conor July 15th 03 02:57 PM

chassis power switch problem or fuse in power supply?

In article ,
says...
I have a case and power supply that I have used before with success.
Recently I replaced the motherboard and CPU with an upgraded one. Now I
cannot get the computer to turn on at all. I put the old motherboard and
CPU back in but now it does not come on. The new motherboard has a green
LED and it lit up when connected to the power supply. Could I need a
replacement power switch? Or is it the fuse in the power supply itself? If
there is no fuse, could it still light up the LED on the motherboard?

DEad PSU.

--
________________________
Conor Turton

ICQ:31909763
________________________

lates July 16th 03 01:14 AM

"Jason Gallas" wrote in message
I have a case and power supply that I have used before with success.
Recently I replaced the motherboard and CPU with an upgraded one. Now I
cannot get the computer to turn on at all. I put the old motherboard and
CPU back in but now it does not come on. The new motherboard has a green
LED and it lit up when connected to the power supply. Could I need a
replacement power switch? Or is it the fuse in the power supply itself?

If
there is no fuse, could it still light up the LED on the motherboard?

IS THE PSU AN ATX 1 IF IT IS CHECK THE FUSE

LATES.