HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Power on failure after setting power-on-password ( in BIOS ) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=141551)

[email protected] December 17th 06 01:48 PM

Power on failure after setting power-on-password ( in BIOS )

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:46:29 -0800, 666lovemetal wrote:
I stupidly set my in my BIOS for the system to turn on using a password
(4 letters - love)
I'm using a ps2 keyboard connection, but any speed I type the password
in won't turn on the system.
I don't know what to do as the power button no longer works either, so
I can't even enter the BIOS.
I'm completely stranded, any ideas!?

Did you try clearing the cmos?

--

Yes already tried everything hardware-wise. Must be some special way of
turning it on!

Jan Alter December 17th 06 03:58 PM

Power on failure after setting power-on-password ( in BIOS )

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:46:29 -0800, 666lovemetal wrote:
I stupidly set my in my BIOS for the system to turn on using a password
(4 letters - love)
I'm using a ps2 keyboard connection, but any speed I type the password
in won't turn on the system.
I don't know what to do as the power button no longer works either, so
I can't even enter the BIOS.
I'm completely stranded, any ideas!?

Did you try clearing the cmos?

--

Yes already tried everything hardware-wise. Must be some special way of
turning it on!

Unplug the computer from the wall.
Remove the cmos battery for 20 minutes.

--