HardwareBanter

-   Matrox Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   g400, windows xp - weird scroll split effect (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=48836)

Cliff June 24th 03 12:07 AM

g400, windows xp - weird scroll split effect

Hi,

Finally got around to installing Windows XP on my old PIII 650 with a
G400Max. Using driver package 5.88.061.

I now have a weird effect that I notice when scrolling through text/images
using Internet Explorer and Outlook Express Newsgroups. As I scroll up and
down the screen the right hand side (actually 3/5 of the way across) of the
screen lags behind left hand side. It effectively gives the screen a split
effect - but only as I scroll.

Speed doesn't matter either - slow scrolling still creates the same effect.

Oddly, the effect doesn't appear when using Word or Excel.

It's not a huge problem - just odd. Any help suggestions would be
appreciated.

TIA, Cliff

Rich June 24th 03 05:56 PM

I had the same, never solved the problem but stopped after fitting a
Parhelia....looked as if the data couldnt catch up with the screen.

I now have a lesser problem with faint lines scrolling horizontally in
opposite directions over 2 monitors, .......wierd........

Rick

u...

Cliff June 25th 03 11:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

Must be disappointing to have your Parhelia playing up...they're not a cheap
card, especially for what they are limited to.

Rich June 29th 03 11:52 PM

Ive never been disapointed with a Matrox card, the scrolling only appears
when using full screen 3d mode and is hardly noticable in most games, only
Flight Sim 2002 as I use a dual screen setup.

I used to use Diamond cards3000 etc, before Matrox, not a patch on the G400
or Parh.

Pricy but rock solid displays. Always seems like the drivers are way behind
the cards though....

Rich

u...

Hjdelahoussaye June 30th 03 06:16 AM

hi cliff
you may want to check the matrox driver web page, something i read there said
the latest drivers that matrox made would fix the problem. it did for me.
1700 a +g400

del