HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   VESA VBE MODE LIST 2048X1536X32 or 2048x1536x24 video mode (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=130502)

JAMSYNC July 7th 06 05:45 PM

VESA VBE MODE LIST 2048X1536X32 or 2048x1536x24 video mode

HI,

I am looking for a video card that supports 2048x1536x24 or
2048x1536x32 in the VESA VBE2.0 to VBE3.0 modes (paged video).

Could you please check the VESA mode list on your video board with a
VESA INFO program and e-mail me the list of modes supported, or just
tell me if 2048x1536x24 or 2048x1536x32 shows up in the VESA modes
listed.

I am using a DOS program that needs VESA VBE support for the video
modes, and need to use 2048X1536 at 24bpp or 32bpp video resolution.

Boards that support 2048x1536 under Windows may not support the VESA
VBE modes, so you need to check the board itself with a VESA INFO
program to see what modes are listed for the BIOS in that video board.

Please reply with any information you have about a video board that
supports this VESA mode. Also send an e-mail to tempnulbox (at) yahoo
(dot) com, thank you!

Rod Speed July 7th 06 08:38 PM

Agent_C wrote:
On 7 Jul 2006 09:45:15 -0700, "JAMSYNC" wrote:

Please reply with any information you have about a video
board that supports this VESA mode. Also send an e-mail
to tempnulbox (at) yahoo (dot) com, thank you!

This is a *discussion* group. It's extremely poor netiquette to just
dump a request on the group and ask people to email you the findings.

He used the word ALSO. Presumably because an email is
more reliable and he doesnt have to keep checking for replys.

Nothing 'poor netiquette' about that.

AND you molested the followups too, obscene 'netiquette' yourself.

Agent_C July 7th 06 10:05 PM

VESA VBE MODE LIST 2048X1536X32 or 2048x1536x24 video mode

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 05:38:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

He used the word ALSO. Presumably because an email is
more reliable and he doesnt have to keep checking for replys.

Or contribute anything... Or participate.... My point exactly.

AND you molested the followups too, obscene 'netiquette' yourself.

I confess; I'm the mad follow-up molester!

A_C

Rod Speed July 7th 06 10:24 PM

VESA VBE MODE LIST 2048X1536X32 or 2048x1536x24 video mode

Agent_C wrote:
Rod Speed wrote

He used the word ALSO. Presumably because an email is
more reliable and he doesnt have to keep checking for replys.

Or contribute anything... Or participate....

You dont know that he plans to REPLY by email.

My point exactly.

Fraid not.

AND you molested the followups too, obscene 'netiquette' yourself.

I confess; I'm the mad follow-up molester!

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadnt enjoyed that so much the last time.

Don Freeman July 7th 06 10:24 PM

wrote:

He used the word ALSO. Presumably because an email is
more reliable and he doesnt have to keep checking for replys.

Or contribute anything... Or participate.... My point exactly.

AND you molested the followups too, obscene 'netiquette' yourself.

I confess; I'm the mad follow-up molester!

So you say, but where is your trenchcoat, hmmmmm?

--
-Don
Ever had one of those days where you just felt like:

Agent_C July 7th 06 11:10 PM

VESA VBE MODE LIST 2048X1536X32 or 2048x1536x24 video mode

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 07:24:22 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadnt enjoyed that so much the last time.

Oh there you go again Rod, kiss & tell!

A_C

JAMSYNC July 10th 06 12:30 AM

VESA VBE MODE LIST 2048X1536X32 or 2048x1536x24 video mode

Hi,

I apologize to "Agent_C" about asking for e-mail copies of replies, I
do plan on checking in also. I am seeking information about the VESA
video modes supported on various video boards, and hope that this
matter would also be of interest to other people who search Google
groups for information. I felt that this subject came under the
catagory of hardware.pc-homebuilt, and thought that users of this group
might be more inclined to know about their video boards VESA VBE modes
than users that buy readymade PCs, I am sorry if I was mistaken.

I still hope to see some helpful replys. Thank you for bringing this
issue to my attention. Does your video board support 2048X1536X32 in
VESA VBE modes? If so what video board brand and model is it? Please
include the VESA VBE mode code list in your reply.