HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   WinXP Home and system32 folder (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=62220)

Brian K April 6th 04 06:08 AM

WinXP Home and system32 folder

A friend recently bought a Dell 8300 computer. After booting up,
C:\Windows\system32 folder appears, open on the desktop. Every-time.

I can't find anything in the Start-up folder or in msconfig to account for
this. Can anyone help to stop this happening.

Brian

Brian K April 6th 04 12:35 PM

Thanks for that Chris. I missed that page in my search. I'll let you know
the outcome.

Brian

Brian K April 7th 04 12:08 PM

All registry entries as described in the Microsoft page appeared OK.

I found this on a web site

"Uncheck /l:eng in the startup list:
1. Click Start, Run
2. Type "msconfig"
3. Click on the startup tab
4. Uncheck /l:eng
5. Click Apply, Close, Restart.
This is added to startup by changes made to the settings in the
SB Audigy 2 Card software."

It worked Chris. Strange.