HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Vista & AIW (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=142677)

Marx January 2nd 07 07:25 AM

Vista & AIW

What cheapest AIW card is usable under Windows Vista?
I have AIW 9000, but there is no drivers for Vista.
Next cheapest one is AIW 9600, drivers exists but I don't see MMC for
Vista. Is TV tuner functioning under Vista on this card?
Marx

Hertz_Donut January 2nd 07 09:09 AM

Vista & AIW

"Marx" wrote in message
What cheapest AIW card is usable under Windows Vista?
I have AIW 9000, but there is no drivers for Vista.
Next cheapest one is AIW 9600, drivers exists but I don't see MMC for
Vista. Is TV tuner functioning under Vista on this card?
Marx

Vista does not support cards that have non-hardware encoding.

Honu

Tom Lake January 2nd 07 09:57 AM

Vista & AIW

What cheapest AIW card is usable under Windows Vista?
I have AIW 9000, but there is no drivers for Vista.
Next cheapest one is AIW 9600, drivers exists but I don't see MMC for
Vista. Is TV tuner functioning under Vista on this card?
Marx

Vista does not support cards that have non-hardware encoding.

A clarification on that: Vista Media Center doesn't support them but
there's nothing preventing ATI from upgrading MMC to work with Vista.

Tom Lake

Chuck U. Farley January 2nd 07 04:14 PM

Vista & AIW

What cheapest AIW card is usable under Windows Vista?
I have AIW 9000, but there is no drivers for Vista.
Next cheapest one is AIW 9600, drivers exists but I don't see MMC for
Vista. Is TV tuner functioning under Vista on this card?

There is a way to utilize the AIW 9600 when running Vista. See he

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...post1334691881

It doesn't use MMC but a app called AMCap.

It'll be interesting to see if AMD/ATI ever develops MMC for Vista.

T Shadow January 2nd 07 11:02 PM

Vista & AIW

"Tom Lake" wrote in message
What cheapest AIW card is usable under Windows Vista?
I have AIW 9000, but there is no drivers for Vista.
Next cheapest one is AIW 9600, drivers exists but I don't see MMC for
Vista. Is TV tuner functioning under Vista on this card?
Marx

Vista does not support cards that have non-hardware encoding.

A clarification on that: Vista Media Center doesn't support them but
there's nothing preventing ATI from upgrading MMC to work with Vista.

Tom Lake

ATI will not have a version of MMC for Vista. Will need to buy CMC to
upgrade. From what I've read it's much worse than MMC

Info is from ati rep on hexus.com

Tom Lake January 3rd 07 07:17 AM

Vista & AIW

ATI will not have a version of MMC for Vista. Will need to buy CMC to
upgrade. From what I've read it's much worse than MMC

Info is from ati rep on hexus.com

Isn't that hexus.net?

Tom Lake

Marx January 3rd 07 08:21 AM

Vista & AIW

Ok, i was thinking about buiyng another AIW card, but I see ATI has no
interest in support users, so I will not buy AIW anymore. I hate messing
with drivers, since I have AIW i had to do it :(
I will buy separate card for TV with full support for Vista
Thanx for help.
Marx

Tony DiMarzio January 3rd 07 01:40 PM

Vista & AIW

"Marx" wrote in message
Ok, i was thinking about buiyng another AIW card, but I see ATI has no
interest in support users, so I will not buy AIW anymore. I hate messing
with drivers, since I have AIW i had to do it :(
I will buy separate card for TV with full support for Vista
Thanx for help.
Marx

I think that's an excellent decision. I have had many ATI cards over the
years, but never an AIW. If and when I decide to get a (HD) TV Tuner for my
PC, it will definitely be a separate card.

After what I've seen/read over the years, I'd be foolish to buy an AIW. That
said, ATI's core graphics have been excellent and I will continue to buy
cards based on ATI tech. My next card will likely be R600 or R700 based.

Tony

T Shadow January 3rd 07 08:33 PM

Vista & AIW

"Tom Lake" wrote in message
ATI will not have a version of MMC for Vista. Will need to buy CMC to
upgrade. From what I've read it's much worse than MMC

Info is from ati rep on hexus.com

Isn't that hexus.net?

Tom Lake

Correct. Having severe problems with newsgroup server since it was
"upgraded". Tried to get it in before the program crashed. My post doesn't
even show up here. Typing this in Notepad.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=77340&page=24

Tom Lake January 4th 07 03:53 AM

Vista & AIW

Correct. Having severe problems with newsgroup server since it was
"upgraded". Tried to get it in before the program crashed. My post doesn't
even show up here. Typing this in Notepad.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=77340&page=24

Do you know where we can get a copy of CMC?

Tom Lake