HardwareBanter

-   Dell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Task Bar Icons Missing (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=105645)

Joshua August 27th 05 06:51 PM

Task Bar Icons Missing

Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it decides
not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons missing always seem
to change randomly. What's up with this? This only happens on my Dell
Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200 running XP PRO.

S.Lewis August 28th 05 12:46 AM

"Joshua" wrote in message
Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it decides
not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons missing always
seem to change randomly. What's up with this? This only happens on my
Dell Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200 running XP PRO.

crosspost transmogrified

I wouldn't worry about it. This is the XP 'hide when inactive' function for
the system tray. In my experience it is only somewhat to moderately
reliable, but isn't a functional problem so long as your system startup
isn't loaded with unneeded applications.

Stew

jonny August 28th 05 01:50 PM

Had the same bug a year or so ago, sometimes the icons went missing, Its
irritating ,
Disabling SSDP Discovery Service cured it on my pc.
http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_013.html
jonny