HardwareBanter

-   -   Possible card fault (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=149367)

Timelord April 15th 07 01:06 PM

Possible card fault

Hi All,

I think i may have a problem with my Gainward 7800GS 512mb AGP8 card.
Here is what happens about 70% of the time when booting up the pc.

When booting and before windows comes up the dos type screen is just a mass
of white vertical dots so to speak, then when windows starts the screen is
covered in red horizontal zigzags.

I have removed the card and refitted it but it makes no difference. I tried
different drivers too.

The card has two DVI connectors and i have tried both of them too.

It's now just a case of keeping my fingers crossed that it boots with no
problems and i dont want to buy another card if this one aint faulty

Any thoughts!!!!!

Win XP Home
Gigabyte GA8KNKP rev1 mainboard
Dell 21" Digital TFT

Augustus April 16th 07 05:22 AM

Possible card fault

"Timelord" wrote in message
k...
Hi All,

I think i may have a problem with my Gainward 7800GS 512mb AGP8 card.
Here is what happens about 70% of the time when booting up the pc.

When booting and before windows comes up the dos type screen is just a
mass of white vertical dots so to speak, then when windows starts the
screen is covered in red horizontal zigzags.

I have removed the card and refitted it but it makes no difference. I
tried different drivers too.

The card has two DVI connectors and i have tried both of them too.

It's now just a case of keeping my fingers crossed that it boots with no
problems and i dont want to buy another card if this one aint faulty

Any thoughts!!!!!

Sounds like a memory module is going south. I think Gainward have a 3 year
warranty.