HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   P4PE-X .....ASUS says only one DIMM when running 800Mhz! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=33017)

[email protected] June 14th 04 03:14 AM

P4PE-X .....ASUS says only one DIMM when running 800Mhz!

P4PE-X .....ASUS says only one DIMM when running 800Mhz!

For all you people running into problems with more than one DIMM!

ASUS says:
The P4PE-X will not run with more than one DIMM when running 800Mhz .

I tried to run more than one DIMM and it will not run stable but If I
run with one DIMM it does run stable with no crashes and now for
6months.

[email protected] December 24th 04 06:51 PM

wrote:
P4PE-X .....ASUS says only one DIMM when running 800Mhz!

For all you people running into problems with more than one DIMM!

ASUS says:
The P4PE-X will not run with more than one DIMM when running 800Mhz .

I tried to run more than one DIMM and it will not run stable but If I
run with one DIMM it does run stable with no crashes and now for
6months.

That's not totally correct... I got fed with instability, took one of
the DIMMS out, only one in the system and it was no better. I did
however reduce my frequency in the bios from 200 down to 190 and it now
seems to be fine. Not the greatest solution, my 2.8 is running at 2.6
but it's a temporary fix till I ditch this board!