HardwareBanter

-   UK Computer Vendors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Returns to DABS (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=91267)

chris beezer December 6th 03 05:42 PM

Returns to DABS

My first order with DABS.COM. The goods were faulty on receipt. I
have informed them and am now waiting for an rma number. How long
should I expect to wait for the number and is there any benefit in
sending e-mails to hurry them along or might that slow things up even
more? (I have been waiting 9 days already.)

I see from postings here that they have a bit of a reputation for poor
after-sales service. Wish I had checked here before placing the order
but I guess I will put it down to experience. The prices were very
keen but I can see the reason now!!

Mr Badger (Beezer)

Chris Howells December 7th 03 11:52 AM

chris beezer wrote:

My first order with DABS.COM.**The*goods*were*faulty*on*receipt.**I

You might want to make it your last :)

have informed them and am now waiting for an rma number.**How*long
should I expect to wait for the number and is there any benefit in
sending e-mails to hurry them along or might that slow things up even
more?**(I*have*been*waiting*9*days*already.)

Sending more emails to probably won't get you much response. I
waited nearly two weeks for a RMA number, and then sent a mail to the
managing director guy in the front of their monthly catalogue. That got
things moving pretty fast. Well, it still took them over two weeks to get
the actual refund though.

I see from postings here that they have a bit of a reputation for poor
after-sales service.**Wish*I*had*checked*here*before*placing*t he*order
but I guess I will put it down to experience.**The*prices*were*very
keen but I can see the reason now!!

The prices are reasonable but certainly that not outstanding. In the past I
thought their service was good so as to justify the extra charge. How wrong
I was.

--
Cheers, Chris Howells --

Web:
http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C

[email protected] December 8th 03 09:42 AM

Chris Howells wrote:
chris beezer wrote:

My first order with DABS.COM.??The?goods?were?faulty?on?receipt.??I

You might want to make it your last :)

have informed them and am now waiting for an rma number.??How?long
should I expect to wait for the number and is there any benefit in
sending e-mails to hurry them along or might that slow things up even
more???(I?have?been?waiting?9?days?already.)

Sending more emails to probably won't get you much response. I
waited nearly two weeks for a RMA number, and then sent a mail to the
managing director guy in the front of their monthly catalogue. That got
things moving pretty fast. Well, it still took them over two weeks to get
the actual refund though.

The DSR allows you to return the goods regardless of whether you have
an RMA (or anything else), all you need to do is notify the company by
FAX, E-Mail or Letter that you are rejecting the goods under the DSR
and that's it, they *have* to accept the goods back and refund you.

--
Chris Green )

Mark Robinson December 8th 03 05:19 PM

wrote:

The DSR allows you to return the goods regardless of whether you have
an RMA (or anything else), all you need to do is notify the company by
FAX, E-Mail or Letter that you are rejecting the goods under the DSR
and that's it, they *have* to accept the goods back and refund you.

They only have to accept the goods if they are unused, but you have to
"use" it to find out it doesn't work; the DSR stops pretty much when
you open the box. Also consider that you have to pay the return postage
under the DSR (we can assume BADS has covered the loopholes!), but they
have to refund it when returning faulty goods.

Cheers

mark-r

--
I put ten different puns in my .sig
I hoped that at least one of them would make you laugh

Mark Robinson December 8th 03 05:23 PM

Mark Robinson wrote:

under the DSR (we can assume BADS has covered the loopholes!), but they

^^^^

Oops, that was a typo, but perhaps an apt one!

Cheers

mark-r

Gaz December 8th 03 05:57 PM

They only have to accept the goods if they are unused, but you have to
"use" it to find out it doesn't work; the DSR stops pretty much when
you open the box. Also consider that you have to pay the return postage
under the DSR (we can assume BADS has covered the loopholes!), but they
have to refund it when returning faulty goods.

I always thought this was the case, but under the new draft being prepared
to clarify items for the IT trade, the Office of Fair Trading say, it is
acceptable for customers to open and inspect goods also a company has to
inform you of your right to cancel under the DSR and state who pays for
returns, any company not doing this is liable for the return, also it is NOT
enough to state it on the website, notice must be given by e-mail, fax, or
on the customers invoice, no latter than the date of supply what the rights
are under the DSR.
It also states that you cannot even insist that things have to be returned
in the original packaging, which I think is terrible form a sellers point of
view, I had a busy weekend updating our websites and invoices to comply.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/News/Consultat...+contracts.htm

as posted in here last week.

chris beezer December 8th 03 08:10 PM

Useful suggestion...if they don't respond soon I might.
First and last order with these people. Very disappointing.
Badger

[email protected] December 8th 03 09:20 PM

Mark Robinson wrote:

wrote:

The DSR allows you to return the goods regardless of whether you have
an RMA (or anything else), all you need to do is notify the company by
FAX, E-Mail or Letter that you are rejecting the goods under the DSR
and that's it, they *have* to accept the goods back and refund you.

They only have to accept the goods if they are unused, but you have to
"use" it to find out it doesn't work; the DSR stops pretty much when
you open the box. Also consider that you have to pay the return postage
under the DSR (we can assume BADS has covered the loopholes!), but they
have to refund it when returning faulty goods.

Not according to the guidelines (from the DTI I think) that I read. An
opened box is *not* a reason for a business refusing a return under
the DSR. The only case where opening packaging stops you returning
something is if it's software.

--
Chris Green )