HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   To fix power supply jack in Compaq Presario M2000 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=182851)

Brainstormer January 31st 10 11:45 PM

To fix power supply jack in Compaq Presario M2000

I have access to a maintenance guide at:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00637377.pdf

and I am wondering to access the area of the power supply jack
do I have to take the entire machine apart. I've gotten all the
back screws off and the front panel top and keyboard screws.

Thanks for any help in accessing this part of the machine. I had
numerous power adaptors go out on me and finally none of them
worked any more.

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

Paul February 1st 10 07:03 PM

Brainstormer wrote:
I have access to a maintenance guide at:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00637377.pdf

and I am wondering to access the area of the power supply jack
do I have to take the entire machine apart. I've gotten all the
back screws off and the front panel top and keyboard screws.

Thanks for any help in accessing this part of the machine. I had
numerous power adaptors go out on me and finally none of them
worked any more.

Robert Pearson

Use your favorite search engine, and look for

make model_number disassembly

This is the first good link I found for M2000.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/take-a...2000-notebook/

The power jack is a separate sub-assembly, and does not require
removal of the motherboard.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/images...p-parts-28.jpg

Paul