HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How to get second side off Micron tower? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=160890)

[email protected] November 22nd 07 09:13 PM

How to get second side off Micron tower?

A couple of years ago a friend gave me his old Micron micron SE440BX2-
T PIII 600 when he bought a new computer.

Another friend recently gave me his old CD burner when he replaced it
with a DVD burner.

So, now I'm trying to install that old CD burner in my old Micron
computer.

I managed to get one side of the computer case off and removed the two
screws holding the CD drive in place. But when I removed the plastic
cover from the other side of the computer so I could remove the other
two screws, I was confronted with a metal wall, with no access holes
to the screws holding the drive in place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get at those screws so I can
remove the old drive and install the burner?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. Clueless

Paul November 22nd 07 10:26 PM

wrote:
A couple of years ago a friend gave me his old Micron micron SE440BX2-
T PIII 600 when he bought a new computer.

Another friend recently gave me his old CD burner when he replaced it
with a DVD burner.

So, now I'm trying to install that old CD burner in my old Micron
computer.

I managed to get one side of the computer case off and removed the two
screws holding the CD drive in place. But when I removed the plastic
cover from the other side of the computer so I could remove the other
two screws, I was confronted with a metal wall, with no access holes
to the screws holding the drive in place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get at those screws so I can
remove the old drive and install the burner?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. Clueless

You might find a manual here.
ftp://ftp.micronpc.com/support/Desktop/MANUALS/

Problem is, I don't know what to look for here.
http://support.mpccorp.com/platforms/index.html?ID=1

Maybe this one - Millennia Max (SE440BX2)
http://support.mpccorp.com/apps/syshub.asp?ID=47

PDF manuals in he
ftp://ftp.micronpc.com/support/Deskt...UALS/MAS001547

Try page 43 of this one. It could be, that only one screw has
to be removed, before the drive slides out.

ftp://ftp.micronpc.com/support/Deskt...47/1547-03.pdf

Paul