HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   WANTED: Epox EP-4VKM3I motherboards. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=149523)

JW April 18th 07 11:56 AM

WANTED: Epox EP-4VKM3I motherboards.

Looking to purchase quantities of 10 - 500 pcs. of Epox EP-4VKM3I
motherboards. Boxed or OEM is fine.

If you can supply, please email at jwalling AT comarkcorp.com

Thanks!

From: xxx
To: ,
,
,
,

Subject: Problem at your purchasing department
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:41:42 -0500

Gentlemen: Are you aware that Mr J Walling of your purchasing dept is
spamming all over the internet asking if anyone has any left over Epox
EP-4VKM3I motherboards? He says your company needs anywhere from 10 to 500
of them.

Epox has their own web site and maintain a list of vendors he
http://www.epox.com/USA/purchase.asp

Your company seems to provide ruggidized computers and computer parts.
Looking at where Mr Walling is asking, sci.electronics.equipment and
sci.electronics.components as well as comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips, those
places seem a good source to locate salvaged parts. Is that really what you
company needs?

Please spank Mr Walling for spamming your companies reputation all over the
internet as shown here

Joseph "Beemer Biker" Stateson
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT

From: xxx

I think you mean

To: ,
,
,
,

Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:41:42 -0500

Gentlemen: Are you aware that Mr J Walling of your purchasing dept is
spamming all over the internet asking if anyone has any left over Epox
EP-4VKM3I motherboards? He says your company needs anywhere from 10 to 500
of them.

Epox has their own web site and maintain a list of vendors he
http://www.epox.com/USA/purchase.asp

The board has been EOL'd by Epox. We were purchasing the boards direct
from the Epox but now they have no further stock, and will not be building
any more of them as the chipset is no longer manufactured by Via.

Your company seems to provide ruggidized computers and computer parts.

Thanks for the free plug.

Looking at where Mr Walling is asking, sci.electronics.equipment and
sci.electronics.components as well as comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips, those
places seem a good source to locate salvaged parts.

I did not once mention salvaged parts, you should brush up on your
deplorable reading comprehension. We need boxed or OEM only.

Is that really what you
company needs?

Yes. We need 10 to 500 Pieces.

Please spank Mr Walling

Not likely. I've already discussed your email with the owner. He thought
it was quite amusing.

================================================= =====================
Joseph "Beemer Biker" Stateson
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT
================================================= =====================

It's not spam, Mr. Stateson. It was posted once and crossposted to four
newsgroups. Well within Usenet guidelines. If you would like to educate
yourself with regards to identifying spam, please see
http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/spam.html
I'll add news.admin.net-abuse.usenet to the newsgroup line, perhaps
someone might elaborate there.

Or not. HAND.

Lostgallifreyan April 18th 07 04:07 PM

WANTED: Epox EP-4VKM3I motherboards.

JW wrote in :

Or not. HAND.

? Is that short for "Talk to the hand cos the face ain't listening?"

Robert Redelmeier April 18th 07 04:36 PM

WANTED: Epox EP-4VKM3I motherboards.

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips JW wrote in part:
To: ,

Don't you realize that posting email is a violation
of netiquette and possibly of copyright?

Not likely. I've already discussed your email with the
owner. He thought it was quite amusing.

You obviously did not or you wouldn't be posting so stridently.

It was posted once and crossposted to four newsgroups.
Well within Usenet guidelines.

Commercial postings (either selling _or_ buying) are
inappropriate (SPAM) for at least some of the xposted NGs.

-- Robert

Beemer Biker[_2_] April 18th 07 04:47 PM

WANTED: Epox EP-4VKM3I motherboards.

"Robert Redelmeier" wrote in message
et...
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips JW wrote in part:
To: ,

I posted that email addy and it was a mistake. I removed my own email but
failed to remove the comarkcorp domain from the list of people complained
to. You are correct about it being a violation of netiquette and I should
have just left their proper names as that was all I intended.

Don't you realize that posting email is a violation
of netiquette and possibly of copyright?

Not likely. I've already discussed your email with the
owner. He thought it was quite amusing.

You obviously did not or you wouldn't be posting so stridently.

It was posted once and crossposted to four newsgroups.
Well within Usenet guidelines.

Commercial postings (either selling _or_ buying) are
inappropriate (SPAM) for at least some of the xposted NGs.

-- Robert

...agreed..

JW April 19th 07 05:30 PM

WANTED: Epox EP-4VKM3I motherboards.

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:36:25 GMT Robert Redelmeier
wrote in Message id:
:

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips JW wrote in part:
To: ,

Don't you realize that posting email is a violation
of netiquette and possibly of copyright?

Not likely. I've already discussed your email with the
owner. He thought it was quite amusing.

You obviously did not or you wouldn't be posting so stridently.

Yes I did, and yes he was - he even forwarded Joe Statesons attempt to
netcop me. You are free to believe what you want.

It was posted once and crossposted to four newsgroups.
Well within Usenet guidelines.

Commercial postings (either selling _or_ buying) are
inappropriate

Maybe. Selling I can understand, but someone looking to buy or source
parts I'm not so sure about. In any case, I was unable to find a charter
for any of the groups I posted to:
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/news.an...newgroups/comp
No charter for comp.sys.intel or comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/news.an....newgroups/sci
No charter for sci.electronics.equipment or sci.electronics.components

I realize that newsgroups are often defined by those who actively
participate in them, though. I have no problem with not posting wanted
requests in the future if that's what most people feel in these groups.

(SPAM)

Not spam. I posted a URL for the definition of spam. Did you even bother
to read it?

JW April 19th 07 05:30 PM

WANTED: Epox EP-4VKM3I motherboards.

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:47:56 -0500 "Beemer Biker"
wrote in Message id: :

"Robert Redelmeier" wrote in message
. net...
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips JW wrote in part:
To: ,

I posted that email addy and it was a mistake. I removed my own email but
failed to remove the comarkcorp domain from the list of people complained
to.

Thanks for spam baiting my co-workers, netcop.

You are correct about it being a violation of netiquette and I should
have just left their proper names as that was all I intended.

You shouldn't have posted them at all.

Don't you realize that posting email is a violation
of netiquette and possibly of copyright?

Not likely. I've already discussed your email with the
owner. He thought it was quite amusing.

You obviously did not or you wouldn't be posting so stridently.

It was posted once and crossposted to four newsgroups.
Well within Usenet guidelines.

Commercial postings (either selling _or_ buying) are
inappropriate (SPAM) for at least some of the xposted NGs.

-- Robert

..agreed..

And which would those be?

Lostgallifreyan April 19th 07 05:46 PM

JW wrote in :

Commercial postings (either selling _or_ buying) are
inappropriate

Maybe. Selling I can understand, but someone looking to buy or source
parts I'm not so sure about. In any case, I was unable to find a charter
for any of the groups I posted to:
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/news.an...newgroups/comp
No charter for comp.sys.intel or comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/news.an....newgroups/sci
No charter for sci.electronics.equipment or sci.electronics.components

I realize that newsgroups are often defined by those who actively
participate in them, though. I have no problem with not posting wanted
requests in the future if that's what most people feel in these groups.

In a year of haunting (and posting on) SEC I've never seen anyone get
slammed for putting in a parts request until now, it's almost an every day
event. As most seekers are also after them for their own commercial
purposes, that suggests there's a nice amount of tolerance, generally.

Also, no-one seems much bothered by a commercial response to such a call,
if it IS a response, and not a transparent attempt to look like one while
actually spamming. I guess if someone has seen enough of a particular
commercial responder they might killfile them, but those who earn a rep for
coming through with decent offers seem to be tolerated, after all, many
people never know for sure when they might need that help too.

Michael A. Terrell April 19th 07 06:49 PM

wrote in Message id:
:

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips JW wrote in part:
To: ,

[...]

news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace or
http://groups.google.com/group/news:misc.industry.electronics.marketplace?hl=en
for Google users. was created to buy and sell electronics, but I see no
problem with someone looking for EOL component support on
sci.electronics.components.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell