HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   inverse parallel port on HP Compaq d330 ST ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59388)

Tim923 November 23rd 04 02:49 AM

inverse parallel port on HP Compaq d330 ST ?

We have a used computer with a PCI card that provides an "inverse
parallel port" with a male end. What is it, and did the previous
owner install it, or did it come with the machine?

In the device manager, PCI Multiport Serial Controller, is in yellow
with the question mark. XP Pro didn't seem to have automatic drivers
for it.

Spam Buster November 23rd 04 04:55 AM

"Tim923" wrote in message
| We have a used computer with a PCI card that provides an "inverse
| parallel port" with a male end. What is it, and did the previous
| owner install it, or did it come with the machine?
|
| In the device manager, PCI Multiport Serial Controller, is in yellow
| with the question mark. XP Pro didn't seem to have automatic drivers
| for it.

What makes yo think it's a parallel port. It's a multi-port serial
controller. What's missing is a cable with one connector on one end, and
several on the other end.
If you have no need for such a controller (and you probably don't), remove
the card.

SB