HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Creating second set of recovery disks - Compaq S3060AN (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=117237)

DaveNZ January 14th 06 03:05 AM

Creating second set of recovery disks - Compaq S3060AN

I've misplaced my recovery disks for my Compaq Presario. I want to
sell the computer but the buyer wants a set of recovery disks -
unfortunately the software wont allow me to make a second set - can i
hack the software to make this work again ???

Cheers.

metronid January 14th 06 05:13 AM

Creating second set of recovery disks - Compaq S3060AN

What Compaq presario
May or may have it
Probably not due to the many different ones made

You know you can make a recover CD from the
info that is there now
It will also make a recovery of any data that you have added

There are ghosting programs that do what you want
The OEM CD can be purchased from compaq also

There is a gentleman on Ebay who makes a simply floppy that does all the
work
for the not so savy
I can find his auction maybe

oups.com...

DaveNZ January 14th 06 07:54 AM

Creating second set of recovery disks - Compaq S3060AN

Hi Metronid,

THanks for your reply

It is a Compaq S3060AN ...

Hope this helps.

metronid wrote:
What Compaq presario
May or may have it
Probably not due to the many different ones made

You know you can make a recover CD from the
info that is there now
It will also make a recovery of any data that you have added

There are ghosting programs that do what you want
The OEM CD can be purchased from compaq also

There is a gentleman on Ebay who makes a simply floppy that does all the
work
for the not so savy
I can find his auction maybe

oups.com...

Alan January 14th 06 01:11 PM

DaveNZ Wrote:
I've misplaced my recovery disks for my Compaq Presario. I want to
sell the computer but the buyer wants a set of recovery disks -
unfortunately the software wont allow me to make a second set - can i
hack the software to make this work again ???

Cheers.

You can copy the recovery disk if you get Clone CD. If this dosn't work
get ANYDVD as well then you can copy anything

--
Alan

burbur January 15th 06 04:59 PM

"Alan" wrote in message

DaveNZ Wrote:
I've misplaced my recovery disks for my Compaq Presario. I want to
sell the computer but the buyer wants a set of recovery disks -
unfortunately the software wont allow me to make a second set - can i
hack the software to make this work again ???

Cheers.

You can copy the recovery disk if you get Clone CD. If this dosn't work
get ANYDVD as well then you can copy anything

--
Alan

Exactly what will he copy with Clone CD or ANYDVD?