HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   16-inch server, 19-inch rack (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=137458)

robert.waters October 11th 06 11:04 PM

16-inch server, 19-inch rack

Hello group,

I am purchasing my first rack (Dell 2410, for a Poweredge 1950 that I'm
also purchasing); this rack is 19 inches wide, and will hold the Dell
server nicely. However, I have an older Compaq Proliant DL360 that is
only 16 inches wide, and needs to be 'mounted' in the rack also.

Is there any standard way to fit thinner servers into a wider rack? Or
should I just install a shelf for it to sit on?
I do not have any of the original mounting hardware that came w/ the
Compaq (but can pchs it on ebay).

Also, I have a Compaq Proliant DL-580 that is 19 inches wide, do I need
to purchase a special mounting kit to get it into the Dell rack?

I have googled my rear-end off, to not much avail.

Thank you VERY much,
Robert Waters