HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Need a new ATI/AMD video card for an old Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=192454)

Ant[_3_] December 17th 12 07:00 AM

Need a new ATI/AMD video card for an old Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine.

.... Since I think my current old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (PCIe) seems
to be dying, I will need to replace it very soon.

I read that ATI/AMD doesn't make newer cards and drivers for old Windows
XP Pro. SP3 even though MS still support it. What's the highest NEW
video card model I can go with it for cheap? I would like something
faster and more power efficient than my dying video card. I rarely play
computer games these days and if I do, it would only be at 1280x1024
resolution on an old 19" LCD monitor (will get a bigger one when it has
problems/dies).

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"... The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems,
bringing them into focus, illuminating issues heretofore unseen. Or they