HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Printer port not being detected by mother board (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3480)

[email protected] February 6th 04 05:44 PM

Printer port not being detected by mother board

Hello,

I a using a Asus A7V266-MX mother board with an Athalon 2400+ AMD
processor, I have a strange problem. For one of my softwares I have
been given a hardware lock which is plugged to my Parallel port
(Printer port) and only if the hardware lock is plugged in the
software works, it means the software searches for the lock on the
printer port and proceeds to work, the software fails to work and its
not able to find the hardware lock, its a brand new mother board with
the processor and the printer port works perfectly well when a printer
is connected to it. I believe there is some IRQ setting that is
required , i've also tried to set the parallel port IRQ to IRQ7 which
is normally assigned to parallel port but that too dosent work. Can
some on help me out this problem . Thanks for reading this.

Rajesh
VU2RPS
emailto

Paul L February 7th 04 01:31 AM

wrote in message
om...
[...]

try setting the port type to ECP in the bios