HardwareBanter

-   -   video card upgrade (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55851)

Lamba November 28th 04 05:49 PM

video card upgrade

Hi all,

I am planning on upgrading my GeForce3 TI200 with a limited budget (under
$150). I would like to be able to play the newest games. I will probably get
the card from Newegg.

Any suggestions?

My system specs a

Abit AI7
2.8 Cpu
1 meg of OCZ 3700
Wd 120 Sata drive
Antec 400 watt

TIA,

Laurie

PRIVATE1964 November 28th 04 09:07 PM

If this deal is on the up and up it would be a big improvement over what your
using.

http://www.xpcgear.com/lk6600gtagp.html

Marcel Overweel November 29th 04 01:14 PM

Difficult to say, depends on how easily you are satisfied :)
I've got a system here with a fx5200. Runs new games but how smooth depends
on resolution/detail settings and so on.
Could play doom3 though, not very smooth at medium settings, runs 'ok' on
low.
Need for Speed Underground 2: without problems, and smooth, just don't set
everything to max.

5700 or 5900 should be increasingly better I guess.

But all these cards are 'old' cards, not using the same tech stuff as the
6600/6800 cards.
Got a 6800GT myself, and that card rocks. Maybe a 6600 is good too, but then
you need pci-express or wait for a 6600-agp version (are they out already?).
Have no experience with the 6800-normal, but that one is also way better
than what you have now and it has the 'tech stuff'.

regards,
revom

"Lamba" schreef in bericht