HardwareBanter

-   General Hardware (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   lm-sensors not picking up fan speeds (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=195165)

Haines Brown December 5th 14 10:10 PM

lm-sensors not picking up fan speeds

I've installed debian Wheezy on new hardware. The case fans are Noctua NF-R8
PWM and the CPU cooler is Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212. The motherboard
is Gigabyte H97-D3H. Operating system is Debian Wheezy.

In BIOS I see that CPU fan speed is 1123 rpm, case fan 1 is 1048 rpm,
fan 2 is 1117 rpm. I do not see anything in BIOS that might be needed by
the lm-sensors program. How do I get lm-sensors to report fan speeds?

Haines Brown