HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=190329)

rb[_24_] December 9th 11 05:49 PM

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck

PcGAmeR22;1320189 Wrote:
I have an intel i2 processer and i really admire its performance
i play assassins creed and prince of persia
now what i would like to know is .
Is this cpu meant for pc gaming ? , and if i put a gtx 460 in there how
bad will the bottleneck be ?
how much performance in percentage i will lost out of the gpu
i cant overclock it for some reason , thought maybe overclocking it
could decrease the bottleneck

With the Core2Duo E7500, probably 20% performance loss. Overclocking
will improve performance ~10% but frankly its not worth it. As I pointed
out previously, you would severely overtax your power supply(installing
your OCZ 700 E however, would solve that issue) but you'd still have a
cooling issue...air flow in the Vostro Mini case is not designed for
'extreme' usage.

Considering you want a 'gaming' system, a larger case is a must, such as
the Antec 300 which I recommended previously. Under $50 for the
holidays---
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Antec+-+...&skuId=9254656
You can then upgrade components without space limitations and
air-flow/cooling issues.