HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Need opinion on asrock z68 pro3-m and gskill sniper rig (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=190014)

the Blue November 6th 11 03:38 PM

Need opinion on asrock z68 pro3-m and gskill sniper rig

Hi folks,

I am planning on buying a new rig for a little overclocking and seek
your advice.

The plan :
i5 2500k
as rock z68 pro3-M
gskill sniper 1600 CL9 2x4GB low voltage
graphics: I am not really into gaming, think a HD 6790 would be
sufficient.

Do you think the ASRock MB is overkill?
Do you think 2x2GB CL8 would be a better fit?

Thank you for your wisdom,

Sam

Fishface[_2_] February 15th 12 01:48 AM

Need opinion on asrock z68 pro3-m and gskill sniper rig

I have 4 x 4GB Zalman Black DDR3 1600 and they are tall. I had to raise
the fan a bit on the Coolermaster. At first I didn't know the plastic fan
holder slid up and was bummed! I see the GSkill Sniper looks tall, also.
I would have picked some shorter ones, had I known.

For the record, and I know this message is quite old, the memory is not
branded Zalman but Mushkin. I regret any inconvenience this may have
caused.