HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Firmware Question about the Argosy - HD363N Network Storage (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=105317)

jinxrealm August 24th 05 03:32 PM

Firmware Question about the Argosy - HD363N Network Storage

Does anyone know how I can edit the HTTP pages that the web interface
displays?

I bought this unit to "toy" with and would like to try and do some
customizations to it. I would certainly appreciate the help and would
post any upgrades I make to those who desired them.

I believe this unit is capable of much more that we are currently
seeing from the firmware and I know that tritton tech has contributed
some great updates. I wanted to see what I could contribute too.

Thanks in advance.

JiNX
email me for any "offline" discussions:

winux August 24th 05 07:32 PM

I think you would have to gain access to the actual ROM. As far as I
know, it isn't running a Linux kernal, so it's not open source. I
imagine if you tinker with it, and the OS is proprietary, you may be
crossing some legal boundries if you release it. That's just my
thoughts.