HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Does anyone know how to bring a down drive up in Adaptec Raid? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=84075)

Ken Peng June 25th 03 04:58 AM

Does anyone know how to bring a down drive up in Adaptec Raid?

I used Adaptec AAA-UDMA raid with 3 disks under raid 5. After a power
supply problem, there was one hard disk dead and the status of another
disk down. Only one disk status is OK.
Does anyone know how to bring a down drive up in Adaptec raid
card?
I tried CI/O and arconfig tools. There is no this option. But there is
bring up down disk funtion in my IBM Serveraid. After checking the
arconfig tools, I found some string in the arconfig.exe and arc.msg.
There are "diag", "techincal/appliacation", "other", and "Allows you
bring up a DOWN drive". I tried to change the ini file to enable the
hidden function. Only "Diag" and "SelectLanguate" worked. But
"Diagnostic" function only dump the eeprom and there was no help to
me. Does any can help me to change the disk status from "DOWN" to
"OK"? Thank you.