HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Upgrade problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58137)

EMonnie October 3rd 03 12:52 PM

Upgrade problem

I have an old Presario I am trying to upgrade for a training project for a
beginner. The original factory install of Win 95 was ok but all the other
stuff just took up HD space. I want to install a version of Win 98se or another
Win 95 (legal copies). I ran fdisk and format to the HD. Now on reinstall of
new version of windows it will not recognize the CD drive, a Mitsumi unit. I
went to the net and got the Mitsumi driver on floppy disk. How do I get the
driver installed from the floppy to the HD so it will recognize the CD unit for
a new install. If there is some trick I am missing please help.
TIA
Ed