Nero 5.5 download version?

I d/l the full 5.5 ver and want to know if this qualifies for the 6.0
upgrade.

T009 January 7th 04 01:51 PM

It may. I have an OEM version and am denied the upgrade. Why not contact Nero?

Rick Pali January 7th 04 07:32 PM

"T009" wrote:

It may. I have an OEM version and am denied the upgrade. Why not contact

Nero?

An OEM version of 5.5? That's what I got my upgrade with...

Rick.
-+---

http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

Matt January 8th 04 10:16 PM

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:22:55 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

I d/l the full 5.5 ver and want to know if this qualifies for the 6.0
upgrade.

If you purchased a retail boxed or download key during the qualifying
period (from May 2003, I believe) then you qualify for a FREE 6.0 key.

Any other licenced version (including BUNDLE, or retail outside the
qualifying period) only gets the upgrade price - causing some
ill-feeling from retail purchasers who were not long before the
qualifying period.

I bought a discounted 5.5 retail during the period - Though I could
have saved anther few quid if I'd known the purchased key would have
counted, as I could have upgraded my bundle to full that way - AND got
a 6.0 key thrown in.

That's another resan why the "just outside" retail purchasers were so
annoyed - if you figured out the system and worked it, you could get
one hell of a bargain.

Mind you, early adopters of 6.0 found one hell of a lot of bugs -
instead of hitting the ground running from a steady start of 5.5, this
dogs breakfast of bugs managed to infect the 5.5.10.50 with the same
bug (fixed in 5.5.10.54, and ok in 5.5.10.42 - possibly one of the
best Nero releases ever, though the later minor versions are usually
better - and a x.x.x.0 really has a "do not use" mark against it).

--
I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - 2x2x24 CD-RW troubles

If you drop a cactus, don't try to catch it!