HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Can someone tell me if these SCSI and IDE HD speeds sound about right ?? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=86892)

A_Newsreader September 3rd 04 01:31 PM

Can someone tell me if these SCSI and IDE HD speeds sound about right ??

I have a dual Xeon 2.2ghz, running windows 2000 sp3.

1024mb ram,

Atlas 10KII - 18gb, Read 40mb/s, write 8mb/s

Maxtor Diamondplus 9 - 200gb, Read 15mb/s, write 14mb/s

That Scsi write speed seems slow to me. Or is that normal ??

Machine has very little software on it, mainly used for Digital Video
and Flight Simulator !!

Skrumcd September 3rd 04 02:47 PM

That is a slow write speed. My SATA drive normally writes on par with
its reads (which is in the 50's).

A_Newsreader September 4th 04 02:40 PM

Thanks guys for the reply.

I'll take a good look at this later (I know Maxtor do a scsi speed
utility). I'll check with that.

Ta.

CWatters September 9th 04 07:13 PM

Try SiSoft Sandra