HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Upgrading video card for s6500nx (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58742)

Bill April 5th 04 07:30 PM

Upgrading video card for s6500nx

Just got a compaq s6500nx. I looked inside and there is an AGP slot.

If I upgrade to a new video card will I have to disable the integrated
graphics? How would I go about doing this?

HH April 5th 04 10:42 PM

The onboard video should auto-disable when you install an AGP card.
HH

. com...

thethin1 April 15th 04 02:37 PM

No, Installing the video drivers for your new video card will disable
the onboard video. I recently had it done. Your device manager
should be nice and clean afterwards.

"HH" wrote in message ...
The onboard video should auto-disable when you install an AGP card.
HH

. com...