HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How do I replace the CD-R drive in a Compaq Deskpro EN? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=157847)

Eric Perlin September 26th 07 09:34 PM

How do I replace the CD-R drive in a Compaq Deskpro EN?

Hello. I bought a new CD-R drive for my Compaq Deskpro, and I can't figure out
how to remove the old drive! How do I open this thing up?

Ben Myers September 26th 07 10:14 PM

How do I replace the CD-R drive in a Compaq Deskpro EN?

Similar to another post, the exact style of chassis is important. Compaq put
the DeskPro EN moniker (not Lewinsky) on several chassis types.

For the small form factor (SFF), push in the two levers (they look like ears) on
the sides of the case near the front. Then slide off the cover toward you. The
drive bays tilt forward.

For the desktop case, unscrew whatever screws are at the back, then lift the lid
from the back and remove.

If neither, how about a photo of the chassis?

For both, there is a retaining lever that needs to be pressed to free up the
drive. Then slide the drive back (away from the front), and lift out after
removing power and data cables... Ben Myers