HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Problem with TEAC CD-224E (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=80529)

DeltaDeltaDelta March 6th 05 05:49 PM

Problem with TEAC CD-224E

I have a HP Omnibook 6000 equipped with a TEAC 224E CD reader. Recently, I
upgraded the OS to Win XP SP 2. Everything worked well, until I went to
Windows Update and downloaded the newest security patches - and after
installing them, the drive is not accessible i.e. does not appear in Win
Explorer. Going to the Device Manager, I see the drive in the list, however,
with the message "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing [Code 29]". But it worked flawlessly
before the newest upgrades (or, by the looks of it, downgrades). I tried the
usual stuff like update driver, search for it on Win Update, as well as
going through Microsoft's help pages, but that's like trying to break a wall
down with a pin and I got no smarter. I tried looking for updated drivers
and firmware, with no results.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? The machine's really
handicapped now...

Triple D