HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HP5000DN causes paper to curl (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=154136)

Hawker July 17th 07 03:58 AM

HP5000DN causes paper to curl

I have an HP5000DN (with the duplexer) that is starting a new problem.
The pages that print out are badly curled so much so that they become a
tight (1-2") circle when the exit the printer.

If I stop the printer, open all trays and re-close the problem goes away
for a while. Then it re-appears after a few more pages are printed.

Does anybody have any idea what causes this? Could this be a paper
quality problem (I'm using 100% recycled paper)? A Roller problem? Any
ideas?

Thank
Hawker

Tony[_2_] July 17th 07 08:25 AM

Hawker wrote:
I have an HP5000DN (with the duplexer) that is starting a new problem.
The pages that print out are badly curled so much so that they become a
tight (1-2") circle when the exit the printer.

If I stop the printer, open all trays and re-close the problem goes away
for a while. Then it re-appears after a few more pages are printed.

Does anybody have any idea what causes this? Could this be a paper
quality problem (I'm using 100% recycled paper)? A Roller problem? Any
ideas?

Thank
Hawker

I guess it could be a paper problem. More likely a fuser setting. You may want
to look at reducing the fuser temperature.
First of all check the driver settings and make sure the paper type is set to
plain.

Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Hawker July 20th 07 07:24 PM

HP5000DN causes paper to curl

On 7/17/2007 3:25 AM, The digits of Tony's hands composed the following:
Hawker wrote:
[...]

Thanx I'll look into those places.
I may just try some different paper and see what happens as well.
I assume it isn't a driver setting since we have 4 computers that talk
to it and they all worked fine for a while and all 4 are just now, at
the same time, printing with this issue.
Fuser setting makes sense. The room the printer is in has no AC and it
is getting hot out now.

Hawker