HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Backblaze pods harder on Seagate / Lawsuit (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=197202)

Ed Light May 22nd 16 11:49 PM

Backblaze pods harder on Seagate / Lawsuit

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sea...3tb,31118.html

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

[email protected] May 25th 16 12:09 PM

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 6:49:28 AM UTC+8, Ed Light wrote:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sea...3tb,31118.html

I am curious about the significance of no rotational vibration sensors in
the C-grade 3 TB drives. What do they do? Does a drive slow down, or
park the heads if it hears neighbouring drives in a death rattle?

Ed Light May 26th 16 03:52 AM

On 5/25/2016 4:09 AM, wrote:

I am curious about the significance of no rotational vibration sensors in
the C-grade 3 TB drives. What do they do? Does a drive slow down, or
park the heads if it hears neighbouring drives in a death rattle?

Me too. My HD's get some rocking as they're running in a trailer on its
suspenios with me walking around, and sometimes wind.
There was a pretty good earthquake, and everyone not on their suspension
(including buildings) had stuff fall off shelves, but all I had was the
monitor fall over in front of me, and I thought the trailer might fall over!

Ed Light May 26th 16 03:57 AM

On 5/25/2016 7:52 PM, Ed Light wrote:

My HD's get some rocking as they're running in a trailer on its
suspenios

!!!

Suspension, actually.

Did I somehow type suspension in Spanish? Looking it up. Nope...