HardwareBanter

-   Webcams (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Web Cam Software (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=183467)

The Learner March 14th 10 05:45 PM

Web Cam Software

What's the best software to use with a web cam so that I can adjust all
the parameters of the video (color, intensity, saturation, white balance,
etc.)?

mike March 14th 10 07:44 PM

Web Cam Software

The Learner wrote:
What's the best software to use with a web cam so that I can adjust all
the parameters of the video (color, intensity, saturation, white balance,
etc.)?

I've found that the problem ain't the webcam software, it's the driver
that ain't supported by your OS. Webcam drivers built into Windows
are a JOKE. They typically capture at the lowest possible resolution
with no way to change it. The rest is moot if the resolution is
unusable. No updated webcam vendor driver, means you're hozed.

Noriek March 15th 10 08:10 PM

Web Cam Software

"mike" wrote in message
The Learner wrote:
What's the best software to use with a web cam so that I can adjust all
the parameters of the video (color, intensity, saturation, white balance,
etc.)?

I've found that the problem ain't the webcam software, it's the driver
that ain't supported by your OS. Webcam drivers built into Windows
are a JOKE. They typically capture at the lowest possible resolution
with no way to change it. The rest is moot if the resolution is
unusable. No updated webcam vendor driver, means you're hozed.

Hi both,

I understand what mike said to be the truth. to this end is there a good
generic driver for webcams? I have a Creative Vista Webcam, a fairly
ubiquitious CIF single chip jobby. Is there an open source driver of good
repute for this chip?

johnjun1410 June 17th 10 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noriek (Post 1030331)

i need a webcam video software......
which is the best one?
plz sugest me............