HardwareBanter

-   Storage & Hardrives (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New SSD to replace the 160G harddrive (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=192335)

Lin_ux November 22nd 12 04:41 PM

New SSD to replace the 160G harddrive

Can I simply clone the windows to the new SSD? or need to install by the windows vista again?

Maxim S. Shatskih[_2_] November 23rd 12 04:08 AM

New SSD to replace the 160G harddrive

Most image backup software titles have the "Hardware Independent Restore" feature, i.e. patching of restored Windows image to be runnable on a new HW.
You can also do this manually, but this is a long process with registry tweaks and MBR signature tweaks.

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

http://www.storagecraft.com