HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Multipart-form printer wanted. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=198625)

Peter Jason February 8th 18 01:10 AM

Multipart-form printer wanted.

We despatch goods with 4-part dockets.

We want to print on to these 4-part dockets, which are designed to be
filled out with ball-point pen.

These dockets are single, that is they are not part of a continuous
fan-fold system.

We desperately need a printer to fill out the fields on these single
4-part forms, as required, from our invoicing system. We use
Access2010.

We use many single multipart forms of different length/width
configurations.

Clearly the printer will have to be dot-matrix, and have a printable
width of 8 inches max. (200mm).

The printer, we suspect, will look like a toaster, into which the
single 4-part docket is inserted, then printed, then ejected. The
software will be adjusted to suit the 4-part form.

Does anyone make one of these? We'll pay anything!

Fred McKenzie February 8th 18 05:40 PM

Multipart-form printer wanted.

In article ,
Peter Jason wrote:

We despatch goods with 4-part dockets.

We want to print on to these 4-part dockets, which are designed to be
filled out with ball-point pen.

These dockets are single, that is they are not part of a continuous
fan-fold system.

We desperately need a printer to fill out the fields on these single
4-part forms, as required, from our invoicing system. We use
Access2010.

We use many single multipart forms of different length/width
configurations.

Clearly the printer will have to be dot-matrix, and have a printable
width of 8 inches max. (200mm).

The printer, we suspect, will look like a toaster, into which the
single 4-part docket is inserted, then printed, then ejected. The
software will be adjusted to suit the 4-part form.

Does anyone make one of these? We'll pay anything!

Peter-

I suggest you contact the source of your 4-part dockets, to see what
printer they recommend.

Even if you solve that problem, I suspect you (or your customer) will
not be satisfied with the result. It might be better to do something
like print multiple copies to a laser printer, and package them with
carbon paper.

What if you just send a single copy to be filled out by hand? When
returned, you could enter the data on the original using the computer,
keep the result on your hard drive and mail a printed copy to your
customer.

Fred